Services and Benefits
The Funeral Industry Reformed Association (FIRA) is mandated to provide a range of services, which include but not limited to the following, as guided by its Constitution, Accreditation, Membership Applications, Code of Conduct and Membership Policy:
- Complaints handling
- Alternative dispute resolution through appropriate mechanisms;
- Conducting investigations on individual and group complaints on participants within the funeral industry;
- Creating consumer awareness and education;
- Training and development – to support and encourage continued staff training and development (in-house training);
- Ensuring compliance with national legislation, regulations, policies and by-laws applicable to the funeral industry;
- Value added services (T&C Apply).
FIRA will introduce a host of benefits that would assist associations, consumers, employers, Government, insurers, religious fraternities, unions and individually owned funeral parlours which would exceed all expectations, upon becoming an affiliated member of FIRA either through direct membership or through joint venture agreements.